What does the A+ Program mean for the student?
- Opportunities to plan ahead for life following high school graduation
- Scholarship opportunities at some participating four-year colleges and universities
- Money(reimbursement for tuition and fees) to attend a participating Missouri public community college, technical or vocational school for two years
- Insurance for the future - A+ status and benefits remain valid for four years after graduation
- Opportunities to explore Career Path interests
- Tutoring/mentoring opportunities
- Good grade and attendance incentives
- You don’t have to be at the top of your class to qualify for A+ program benefits and the financial incentives to attend a two year technical or community college after graduation.
- Many qualifying students use the A+ funding to jump start their education, then transfer to a four year college or university with junior level status.
- A+ graduates have a maximum of four calendar years from the date of graduation to access A+ funding.
- Students will be recognized at graduation
What steps do I take to participate in the A+ program?
1. Complete and return an A+ Agreement to the A+ coordinator. Agreement forms are available in the A+ Office and on-line.
2. Keep a copy of the A+ Manual for policies including citizenship and attendance requirements.
3. Talk to the A+ coordinator about opportunities to complete the tutoring requirement.
4. Be conscientious to maintain good attendance, grades, and citizenship beginning with the 9thgrade year.