To graduate with A+ status and qualify for the state financial incentives, certain requirements and responsibilities must be met. Those include the following:
To be eligible, each student must enter into a written A+ Schools Student Financial Incentive Agreement with the school prior to high school graduation, and:
1. Have attended a designated A+ School for three (3) consecutive years prior to high school graduation.
2. Graduated from high school with an accumulative grade point average equivalent to two and five-tenths (2.5) points or higher on a four (4) point scale (C+). This reflects all credits earned for grades 9-12.
3. Have at least a ninety-five percent (95%) cumulative attendance record. Grades 9-12.
4. Performed fifty (50) hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring on school district property.
5. Maintained a record of good citizenship and avoidance of the unlawful use of drugs and alcohol.
6. The A+ Schools Program requires that students make a good faith effort to secure all available federal post-secondary financial assistance funds that do not require repayment. (Have filed the FAFSA)
7. Verified having registered for Selective Service when eighteen, if applicable.
8. Verified Social Security Number with the A+ Office
9. If a student withdraws or transfers from the Miller R-II School District after the beginning of their sophomore year, the student will not be considered eligible for the A+ Program, even if the student re-enrolls before graduation. The exception would be if the student attended another A+ School with that transfer time period.
10. Once a student is enrolled in a post-secondary school they must maintain FULL-TIME student status.